Snort mailing list archives

RE: Possible false positive?

From: "Harry M" <harrym () the-group org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:57:05 -0000

I figured it out in the end - it was misconfiguration. I didn't realise that
'var HTTP_PORTS 80:4711' was specifying a range and not a list. Since eMule
uses 4662 to transfer data, the port matched the rule. The content did
indeed contain '..\'. I changed HTTP_PORTS to 80 and it's ok now. I shall
wait to put 4711 back when snort supports proper lists for ports :)

Arta