Snort mailing list archives

RE: Import 1 snortdb into another for "1 place monitoring"

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:51:04 -0800

Just place another mysql output database line in snort.conf of the sending
sensor directing alerts to the receiving sensor (log to both at the same
time). You will also need to set the appropriate variables in the new output
database line to access the database on the receiving sensor. You can also
use sensor_name=xxxx at the end of that new output database line to
distinguish in ACID which sensor the alert came from. Don't forget to
restart Snort.

You could also use the existing output database line and change all the
variables to direct it to the remote MySQL database. If you do that, you can
shut down your Webserver (if that's all your using it for is ACID), and
MySQL, and save some resources. You can also use sensor_name=xxxx at the end
of that new output database line to distinguish in ACID which sensor the
alert came from. Don't forget to restart Snort.

Kindest regards,

The WINSNORT.com Management Team
--
mailto:support () winsnort com