Snort mailing list archives

RE: Information Not Appearing On ACID Console

From: Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org>
Date: 09 Oct 2003 09:23:06 +0200

Hi,

Am Mit, 2003-10-08 um 17.46 schrieb Kaplan, Andrew H.:
The output database line that I have is:

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=123 dbname=snort host=127.0.0.1
port=3306 sensor_name=rosnort

The command syntax that I am using is /usr/local/bin/snort -A full -i eth0 -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf -v
I am not sure about the current version of snort, but older versions did
not honor any output plugin in the configuration file, when you
specified any on the commandline. Get rid of the -A full in your
commandline at it might work. If I remember correctly, the older
versions did mention this in their logs when doing so.

Cheers,

Ralf
--
Ralf Spenneberg