Snort mailing list archives

Why does log_acid_db not work?

From: "Chhabria, Kavita - Apogent" <kchhabria () apogent com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:13:40 -0400

Hello everyone:

After struggling with barnyard for some time, I now have it working, however
it is currently working with the alert_acid_db output plugin.
It does not work with log_acid_db output plugin.  First of all, my question
to the list is that are these infact 2 different types of acid output
plugins and if so what is the difference between the two.
Also, can anyone suggest me something that helps me in understanding as to
why does the alert_acid_db plugin work but the log_acid_db plugin does not
work?

Thanks a lot,

Kavita Chhabria
Systems Developer
Apogent Technologies
(269) 544-7515
 <mailto:kchhabria () apogent com> kchhabria () apogent com