Snort mailing list archives

Testing My Snort DIDS

From: Aaron Babalola <roniebabs () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:48:07 -0700 (PDT)

I have tested my Snort IDS with Nessus, it is clear that it is working, but is there any means to test other signature
since Nessus does not have all of the signatures.

I will also appreciate any suggestion from any Professor about evaluating an ids for a thesis. I implemented the design
of Steven Scot for Enterprise Intrusion detection system with some modifiction to suit my needs and requirement. I have
tested the IDS against some signature, but i need to present the test to my supervisor who doesn't seem to have a clue
of whats going on in IDS( http://www.superhac.com/docs/snort_enterprise.pdf) I will appreciate any assistance from
anyone out there
Aaron