Snort mailing list archives

Re: problem in snort..

From: "scott j. lopez" <scott () coldmoon net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:11:16 -0500 (CDT)

Reshmi Jain said:
Hi,
    I have installed snort and mysql in my server, the problem is that, i'm
not able to start up snort,
I think it is because MySQL server starts after snort, which makes snort not
able to log into MYSQL. Is there any
way, during booting, to make the MYSQl start before snort starts?
     I am new to the mailing list, I checked the archive but did not get
proper answer.

Please help me...

you didn't mention what OS you're running under but yes. you should probably
have MySQL start up first. check your OS's startup procedures and change
them there (windows sevices or unix startup scripts).

--scott