Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Startup Erro - "libmysqlclient.so.12 not found"

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:53:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, O'Flynn, Derek wrote:

I compiled all from source.

I compiled mysql with -prefix=/usr/local/mysql
I compiled snort with --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --enable-flexresp

# snort -v
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.12" not found

I'm running on FreeBSD 5.1

Any hints.  I have setup snort on Redhat 7.3 and FreeBSD 4.3 and don't
recall seeing this error before.

It means that you don't have the mysql client installed.  Make sure that
you have the mysql and mysql-devel packages installed on the box.

If you have that installed, then change the  --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
path to /usr/local instead and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams