Snort mailing list archives

SNMP Support in FreeBSD

From: Keith Long <keith.long () air2web com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:38:34 -0400

Hello all,

I need to build snort with SNMP support on a FreeBSD machine running 4.8
Stable.  I tried installing from ports with -DWITH_SNMP but this does not
compile with SNMP support.  I then tried to install from source, 2.0.1 with
the debug switch, and get an error during make.  The error I get is:

aclocal-1.6: not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.6' is needed, and you do not seem to have it handy on
your
         system.  You might have modified some files without having the
         proper tools for further handling them.  Check the `README' file,
         it often tells you about the needed prerequirements for installing
         this package.  You may also peek at any GNU archive site, in case
         some other package would contain this missing `aclocal-1.6'
program.

I have tried per the BUGS doc with no luck.

make distclean
aclocal
autoheader
automake
autoconf
./configure
make

I even added /usr/local/share/aclocal to the path but that didn't seem to
help either.  /usr/local/share/aclocal contains the following files.

codeset.m4
freetype2.m4
gettext.m4
glibc21.m4