Snort mailing list archives

Re: Using snort for network stats?

From: Jeffrey Pricher <jeffpricher () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:58:40 -0800 (PST)

Give ntop a try.
http://www.ntop.org/ntop.html

Michael Miller <michael.miller () state co us> wrote:
Since I'm using snort to capture nearly everything that enters and exists our network, I was curious to see if there
was a utility to show network metrics based on that data. Google didn't find much (or I asked the wrong questions) and
Ethereal is choking on the large dataset, so that's out. I'm mostly interested in effective thruput, percentages of
TCP/UDP/ICMP data, breakdown of traffic by protocol, etc.