Snort mailing list archives

Re: Wipe out Snort database

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 08:32:07 -0500

--On Saturday, October 04, 2003 1:59 PM +0400 Egal A Egal - SA <egale () comtrust ae> wrote:

I was wondering if someone could tell me what steps I need to take to
"zero" my event database..! I tried wiping out the Events tables but that
did not work. I would like to wipe everything (snort databse) and make it
look like I have just installed it.

Login to snort and drop and recreate the database:

% mysql -u root -p
After you login:

# drop database snort;
# create database snort;
# quit;

Recreate the tables for the new database:

% mysql -u root -p snort < /path/to/create_mysql
(Type root's password again.)

Restart snort:

% /etc/rc.d/init.d/snort restart
(I'm assuming this is where it would be in RedHat.  I use FreeBSD.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member