Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-supported link-layer types

From: Jamie Dahl <jamied () meatball net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:59:09 -0800

According to the documentation I've found, it's primarily 802.x based technology, specifically wlan, ethernet, and token ring there may be others, but this is what I've seen referenced.

Michael L. Artz wrote:

What data link layer types does snort support? I know that it does ethernet, and does not do Cisco HDLC, but are there any others that it does/does not support?

-Mike

--
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life." --John Muir