Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard 0.2.0 beta1 is available

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 08:26:22 -0500

After a long break since the release of Barnyard 0.1.0, the first beta of Barnyard 0.2.0 is now available for download at

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/barnyard/

In all honesty, this should probably be called an alpha release since I have only minimal testing on it.

Changes in 0.2:

* New command line for batch processing mode
* New output plugins:
    op_sguil - output plugin for sguil
    op_alert_syslog2 - syslog alerting by sending udp datagrams
* Updated spooling system
    fixed several ugly edge cases with bookmark files
* New command line option '-n'.  This causes only new
    data to be processed in continual processing mode if 1)
    bookmarking is not enabled, 2) the bookmark file is corrupt,
    or 3) the bookmark file does not exist

Please let me know of any problems.

-A

PS. I still have not gotten around to putting Postgres support in. I will try to get it in for beta2.