Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help need in Snort configuration

From: Ravi <ravivsn () roc co in>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:09:44 +0530

Mohan,
visit http://www.snort.org/ In the contrib link you will find frontends for snort. Buts its pretty easy to configure snort from command line. you need to edit snort.conf and read the docs directory of snort distribution.
Cheers,
-Ravi
http://www.rocsys.com
ROCSYS Technologies Ltd
Hyderbad,INDIA

mohan Sharma wrote:

Hello List,

I am new in this list and also new in snort IDS. I have experience to work with ISS IDS. Now, I want configure Snort on one linux machine with is work like a bridge. I want to put the machine in front of our firewall.

But I am unable to configure snort. Can some one help me in configuring snort. Or any gui available for that.
I am waiting for your?s Response.

Thanks
Mohan