Snort mailing list archives

log files

From: "Luong, Natalie N" <natalie.n.luong () lmco com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:20:45 -0800

Please bear with me, I'm fairly new to snort.

I have a very large tcpdump file (call it "large.dat").

Is it possible to log packets in that file of ruleA to one log file and log packets of ruleB to
a second log file using only one "read" of that original tcpdump file?

To elaborate....

I know I can execute two different commands:
1) snort -l ./logdir -L logA.log -b -c ruleAfile.conf -r large.dat
2) snort -l ./logdir -L logB.log -b -c ruleBfile.conf  -r large.dat

Now, can I create both logA.log and logB.log using only one "snort" command?

Thanks