Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort sensor setup

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:34:56 -0800

You'll probably get a lot fancier answer but all you need is Snort at each
remote location with the output database line directed back to you master
sensor.

You need a clear shot between the client and server. You can run the clients
on a UNIX or Windows box. You should have an encrypted tunnel between the
client and server. The client boxes could be anything, or almost. It's
fairly simple to setup the remote sensors. It's securing the connection that
is the challenge.

Good luck.

There is a guide on our site for setting up remote sensors.

Kindest regards,

The WINSNORT.com Management Team
--
mailto:support () winsnort com