Snort mailing list archives

Question about alert

From: Jason Humes <jhumes () acs on ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:35:20 -0500

Hi
We use snort to monitor multiple networks for different people.  Since we
started snort we've been getting some questionable alerts...for example

BACKDOOR typot trojan traffic

We see with multiple source and destination IPs, and our customers IPs are
sometimes the source or destination.  There are other alerts like this which
I'm not sure if are false positives...Any ideas...thanks