Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question-using perl with snort-creating a user friendly interface

From: gautam nijhawan <tintinnijhawan () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:21:31 -0800 (PST)

Hi Paul

Thankx for ur response, i will take up ur advice n
read up more on perl.I
did not know tht interfaces cud also be created by
perl.I thought it was
jsut a scripting lang like awk.Although other than
using perl.....is there
some other way, or wud perl be the most efficient way.

Also SNORT creates it logs in various formats, which
wud be the most
appropriate format of the logs to achieve this goal
(ie filtering logs using
perl).

Looking fwd for ur input