Snort mailing list archives

ERROR: unknown preprocessor "http_decode"

From: Warner Joseph <Joseph.Warner () siemens com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:38:53 -0500

Hi,

It's been a while since I've had to ask for help here but
I just upgraded from snort-2.0.5 to v2.1.0 and I'm getting
this error when I attempt to start snort:

ERROR:  unknown preprocessor "http_decode"
Fatal Error, Quitting..

If I comment out the whole http_decode preprocessor line in
my snort.conf then it starts and runs fine.

I'm running snort on FreeBSD so when I upgrade I usually use
portupgrade to do the upgrade via ports and then edit the
new copy of snort.conf in /usr/local/share/snort and copy it
over my old .conf file in /usr/local/etc  I've done it this way
including manually editing my .rules files for quite some time
and haven't ever experienced any problems..until now.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Joe

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice () shs siemens com

Thank you