Snort mailing list archives

RE: Multihomed Sensor

From: "DeBerry, Casey" <Casey.DeBerry () trizetto com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:33:52 -0700

Configure each individual network card as you would a promiscuous sniffer..

ala `ifconfig ethx promisc up`
(Assuming linux here)

Then, for each different instance, you need to create a  startup script.  I
usually put things in /etc/init.d and link to relevant rc.  Best thing to do
is check in the "contrib" source directory for the S99snort script.  For
each interface, create a copy of the script.. ie:
S99snort-eth0
S99snort-eth1
S99snort-eth2

etc..

Just open each script and change the IFACE=ethx to match your interface.
You can also specify differenct conf files in there for each instance if you
so desire.

Cheers,
Casey