Snort mailing list archives

Re[2]: Temporary "solution" to MyDoom worm

From: Fabio Bastiglia Oliva <fboliva () safenetworks com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:59:10 -0200

Hello Matt,

Yes...  I'm  using  a  AV mail scanner, but due the heavy mail traffic
increased by MyDoom, the cpu usage was extremely high.

hehe... I'm using qmailscanner + clamav :)

After  turn these rules on... The cpu usage of my company mail servers
had a decrease of 50%.

Best Regards
Fabio Bastiglia Oliva
fboliva () safenetworks com

MK> At 08:41 AM 1/28/2004, Fabio Bastiglia Oliva wrote:
I'm using the MyDoom possible Subjects to detect it... Of course, it's
not 100% accurate, but it's helping a lot my mail servers.

It's necessary to use Flexible Response to make it work.