Snort mailing list archives

Re: Has any one tried SnorcCenter with Snort 2.1.1-RC1?

From: Jason Alexander <lists () itsecurity3 its uiowa edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:01:56 -0600

I've said this a couple times now but SnortCenter is totally broken with
anything above Snort 2.0.6.  I'm currently working on getting it to work
with 2.1.x as I can't seem to contact the author to determine if he is
going to support it. As I have enought projects already I don't know if I want to support it full time but if I get it working I'll release the changes as is for everyone.

Right now I would consider SnortCenter to be a dead product without support.

Jason

crazy wrote:
Has any one tried SnortCenter with Snort 2.1.1-RC1?
There is a problem, the rules from internet can't be loaded.

First problem was that URL was differ from
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-stable.tar.gz
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-current.tar.gz
The new ones are
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_1.tar.gz
http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_0.tar.gz

So in config.php I have changed
$snortrules_url = "http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-stable.tar.gz";;
$snortrules_url = "http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_1.tar.gz ";
But during load (ADMIN -> Import/Update rules->Update from internet)
an error appears
Database ERROR:Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'yes' )' at line 1
I looked to the db_pars.php but haven't found any place to change.
Can you help me and all other users using SnortCenter.

Pasha