Snort mailing list archives

how to start snort as service ( with normal user priv. )

From: Antje Schlüschen <antje.schlueschen () ewetel net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:44:40 +0100

Hi,
so far I've installed snort under XP. The interface I would like to use
is not displayed by ipconfig /all untill
the dial up connection is establlished. Thus snort has to be started
after the connection is established
( I think ).
I was able to do that as admin with: net start snortsvc.
But how can I start the service ( after connecting to the internet )
with normal user privileges ?
Is there any possibility to do that with win XP ?
I'm using snort 2.0.6 with winpcap 3.1.

regards,

--
Wolfgang Schlueschen