Snort mailing list archives

Re[3]: -T option error

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:51:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, crazy wrote:

I am trying to make snort-2.1.1-RC1 to work together with SnortCenter.
(SnortCenter - Snort management console http://users.pandora.be/larc/ )
When I run

snort -T -i eth0 -c /etc/snort/snort.eth0.conf

situation is the same when I run

snort -i eth0 -c /etc/snort/snort.eth0.conf

I thought that when "-T" option is used snort do not run and return
errors or no errors. But in my case snort runs.

Something's not right here.  It's working fine for me from the newest CVS
update.  -T starts Snort, runs thru the init process and then exits.

  [root@merf]~#snort -T -i hme0 -c /etc/snort.conf
  [...snip...]
  -*> Snort! <*-
  Version 2.1.1beta (Build 17)
  By Martin Roesch (roesch () sourcefire com, www.snort.org)
  Snort exiting

Works just fine...

Are you running this from the command line?  Or are you trying to run this
from within SnortCenter?  I have the feeling that your issue is _not_ with
Snort, but with a combination of SC and Snort.  Start with Snort by itself
and then add any other things to it--Once you get Snort working.  :)

-----
Erek Adams

 "It looks just like a Telefunken U-47.  You'll love it..."  -- Frank Zappa