Snort mailing list archives

RE:Subject: IPless interface on Debian...

From: Holger.Woehle () arcor net
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:00:57 +0100

Hello Snort-Users,

I hope this isn't redundant, but the archives seem to be down right now.

I have two NIC's, eth1 is for my management network, and eth0 is for
sniffin'. I want eth0 *not* to have a IP address. This worked fine in
RedHat, but since they eol'ed it I'm migrating to Debian, and I'm a
little green. How is this done in Debian?
Many Thanks,
Tobias

Tobias,
just try the following in /etc/network/interfaces:

user@sensor:~$ less /etc/network/nterfaces
#/etc/networl/interfaces  -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth1