Snort mailing list archives

Updating Rules?

From: "Dusty Hall" <halljer () auburn edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:17:09 -0600

I'm curious about the process of updating Snort 2.1.0 (NOT 2.1.1 RC1)
rules.  Snort.org list the following for rule packages:

CURRENT - development is done here. Be careful if you use CURRENT
2_1 - the "stable" branch, where we do bug fixes for the currently
"shipping" snort. probably ok for production, might not be release
quality yet
2_0 - the "deprecated" branch, most definately release quality, but not
really worked on, except for rule updates

Which should I use for 2.1.0?   Is 2.1.1 RC1 the "currently "shipping"
snort"?  Should I update?

Thank goodness I don't use oinkmaster to autoupdate...

Thanks,

-Dusty