Snort mailing list archives

updating snort rules with oinkmaster

From: <Pascal.Dubach () swisscom com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:16:48 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to update my snort rules, and this works fine.
But I have changed the priorities of some rules in some rule-files.
If I just update all the snort rules, the customized ones will be
overwritten.
Is there any possibility not to update these rules? If I just disable
the sid, the rules wouldn't be active anymore, but I want to log the
alerts on
the server, so they have to be active.

thx and Kind Regards,
Pascal