Snort mailing list archives

Regaring SnortCentre

From: "Jospeh" <uus36 () hotpop com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:23:03 +0500

I have few queries regarding the Win32 snort Centre

I installed the snortcentre.
I want to ask when i configure this on Windows it tries to connect to 2525 port.

I want to ask why does it want to connect on that port??
to connect to snort agent??

Well i installed on snort agent too when i start the snort it gives me this warning

Warning: copy(c:\snort\rules\snort_cmd_line): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\index.php on line 206

Warning: copy(c:\snort\rules\start_snort.bat): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\index.php on line 207
Started Snort

now when i check the status from UI it gives me the following error
Snort not Running

When i check the services running it says snort is running .

I am not able to add sensor properly.

ne clues.??

Usman