Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ready! Set! ... Nothing :-/

From: "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste () smxy org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:36:55 -0400

Shaun T. Erickson wrote:

Ok. I installed a snort sensor in my DMZ. It's configured thusly:
So, I installed nessus on the snort sensor and just ran it against the systems in my DMZ. I was expecting to see the snort files grow in size, and for records to be added to the database, by barnyard. Nessus ran, and found various things I need to fix on my servers, but that's all. The snort logs didn't grow, and therefore nothing was sent to the database by barnyard.

Can someone help me debug this and get it working, please? TIA.

Sigh. It helps if you plug an ethernet cable into the port you are listening on. :)

        -ste