Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort alerts backup

From: "Guillaume Arcas" <guillaume.arcas () free fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:07:42 +0200 (CEST)

agnelo d a dit :
Hi,
     I've installed acid and mysql on linux 8. I need to take backup of
snort acid database alerts on dat drive. Which files should I backup.

You'll have to backup files under /var/lib/mysql/[snort_db_name].

Take time to read the MySQL docs about DB backup, as if not well done,
backup data can be inconsistent and unusable.

Best source before planning your backup is :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Backup.html

Regards,

--
Guillaume Arcas