Snort mailing list archives

Two easy questions

From: dlimanov () sct com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:34:49 -0400

New to the list and tried archives but didn't get the answers I was
looking for..
1. Does anyone have a list of steps necessary to harden the OS prior to
installing Snort? Or will standard "Securing Linux" checklist is adequate
enough?
2. Is there a IDSCenter alternative for Linux? I'm trying to get a
user-friendly, no-nonsense GUI interface for managing snort and its
configuration. I've looked at various free products and few commercial
ones but they do appear a bit complicated for a non-Linux guru. I don't
need advanced functionality of SourceFire or PureSecure; IDSCenter (the
way it looks and operates on Windows) would be the optimal solution for my
testing environment.
Thanks in advance!

Dimitri