Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort is not responding to the other hosts in the same network

From: Demetri Mouratis <dmourati () cm math uiuc edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:42:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Tinni wrote:

I am watching that , snort is responding only to the machine
IP, where it is installed.. The other hosts on the same
network , are not responding...

Your snort box is probably connected to a switch.  Please read the FAQ,
1.8 I'm on a switched network, can I still use Snort?

http://www.snort.org/docs/FAQ.txt
Demetri Mouratis
dmourati at linfactory.com