Snort mailing list archives

Re: glibc dependency errors installing snort

From: James Riden <j.riden () massey ac nz>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:18:48 +1200

"Andy" <andy () page55 com> writes:

Hi,
I'm having problems installing snort, I'm getting glibc dependency errors.
I running RedHat 7.3, trying to install snort-2.1.3-1.i386.rpm

I can't find a newer version of glibc other than 2.2.5 and really don't know
what I'm doing anyway.

Am I having these problems because I'm running RH 7.3? Does snort 2.1.3-1
run on RH 7.3?

Should I be installing a different package?

[root@tunes snort]# rpm -ivh [root@tunes snort]# rpm -ivh
snort-2.1.3-1.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by snort-2.1.3-1

I'd go to Fedora Core 1 at least if you can. I've done an upgrade from
7.3 to FC1 and it went OK, and snort 2.2.0 is happily working on that
machine.

Otherwise, try getting the appropriate rpms from here:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/snort/

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden () massey ac nz / Systems Security Engineer