Snort mailing list archives

Re: nic card in promisc mode

From: Edin Dizdarevic <edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:56:26 +0200

Hi,

If you're using the RedHat configfiles you may want to change the parameter BOOTPROTO=static in your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX file. Otherwise try this, so the NIC won't use the ARP-Protocol

   ifconfig -arp eth1 up

Possibly there are more elegant solutions, so look around...

Regards,
Edin

Juan Fernandez wrote:
Hi,

I have a Rh machine with 2 nics, one of the nics I put in promisc mode but
it steel receives an ip from the dhcp server, how I can prevent it from
receiving the ip address ?

Thanks !!

--
Edin Dizdarevic
Networking Development

iAS interActive Systems
Gesellschaft fuer interaktive Medien mbH
Dieffenbachstr. 33c
10967 Berlin
Germany

fon     +49-(0)30 69 004-123
fax     +49-(0)30 69 004-101
mail    edin.dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de
URL     http://www.interActive-Systems.de/security