Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard not inserting on ACID tables in MySQL, just regular snort ones

From: "Alex Butcher, ISC/ISYS" <Alex.Butcher () bristol ac uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 09:24:31 +0100

--On 01 September 2004 19:06 +0100 Pedro Fortuna <pedro.fortuna () gmail com> wrote:

Anyway, now its working with the old DB, but two things are bodering me:
- ACID isn't showing my custom rule's description, it just shows
something like this in the alert "Snort Alert [1:1000002:0]" (1000002
is the rule ID)

I had this problem when I was using mudpit, and mudpit couldn't find sid-msg.map and gen-msg.map. I haven't used barnyard, and I'm using FLoP now, but maybe your problem has the same root.

- The events time are one our late! An event at 3am shows 2am.

Probably a timezone or daylight savings time thing; I think all events are logged as UTC (i.e. GMT+0). Are you in western Europe, by chance?

If someone has a clue why Acid failed to insert the events in its tables
(_using_ the blank DB) please say something, so that I can test it.

Did you run create_acid_tbls_mysql.sql from the ACID distribution?

Thanks,
Pedro Fortuna

HTH,
Alex.