Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on Win32 Xeon box?

From: Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:59:20 -0600

I figured it out. In case someone else wants to do this, the issue is
that winpcap v3.0 is required for multi processors and snort. Apparently
the Ethereal folks figured this out some time ago.

------------------------
Anyone have a current version of snort running on a dual processor Win32 box?

We were given a Xeon 547mhz 512 meg box with Win 2003 Standard Edition on
it to run snort.

Tried with winpcap v2.3, v3.0_a4 and v3.1beta3 and none seem to function.

Running 'snort -W' on v3.1beta3 produces...
 The procedure entry point PacketGetNetInfo could not be located in
 dynamic link library packet.dll

Doing the same on v3.0_a4 produces...
 Interfaces Device Description
 1