Snort mailing list archives

RE: How do we detect intrusions from an IP ?

From: "Harper, Patrick" <patrick.harper () phns com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:08:44 -0500

Put your internal range as the IP range of your internal network, fill in all the variables as best as possible.  I put
external net as !HOME_NET (everything but what is defined as home_net) and monitor with a front-end, ACID, or Aanval. I
am assuming you are wanting to check for the possibilities of outside intrusions.