Snort mailing list archives

RE: No Activity Occurring on ACID

From: "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAPLAN () PARTNERS ORG>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:26:54 -0400

I have MySQL installed on the system, and have configured the snort.conf file
with the following line:

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=XXXXXX dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 sensor_name=rosnort

Snort is started at boot time via the /etc/init.d/snort script. Additionally, I
have started snort manually with
the following command syntax:

/usr/local/bin/snort -A full -i eth0 -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -v

I did a check of the snort database to see if anything is being logged there.
When I run the select count (*) from event;
command I get 0 which would appear to indicate the data is not being posted into
the database. If that is the case, does
that mean there is a permissions issue at work here, or something else?

FYI: To access the mysql database I ran the following command:
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -p and provided the password.