Snort mailing list archives

snort running as daemon while sysloging

From: nanocurie <nanocurie () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:43:26 -0400

Hello all,
        I want snort to start at boot as a daemon on Fedora Core 2 (redhat). I
want it to log its alerts in /var/log/snort/ (which already exists) in
syslog format. I've pieced this together from what I've found on the
net...

/usr/local/bin/snort -l /var/log/snort -D -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx -c
/usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf

I look in /var/log/snort/ and nothings happening.
Although, I've found somethings in /var/log/messages, regarding snort's
initialization but not much else.

This snort.conf file is stock, and for the most part, unchanged from the
initial install.
I've google'd and I've read through the man's.

Am I going in the right direction? Any suggestions?

thanks