Snort mailing list archives

flexresp2 is back and needs testing

From: Jeff Nathan <jeff () snort org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:33:18 -0400

Hi Snortees,

I've got a new version of the flexible response code, sp_respond2, ready for testing. This new version uses libdnet (http://libdnet.sourceforge.net) and is significantly faster than all previous versions. During testing I was able to reset TCP connections where both the client and server were on the same LAN.

The patch is attached to this message but if you'd like to download it, it's also available from

http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jeff/archives/snort/sp_respond2/

If you encounter any problems with the attached patch, refer to the website for an update before sending email.

It's most helpful if you're somewhat experienced with Snort. For the time being I'd like to avoid tutoring users during testing.

-Jeff

--
http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jeff       (gpg/pgp key id 6923D3FD)
"I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details." - Albert Einstein