Snort mailing list archives

test a threshold rule, please?

From: Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:41:00 -0600

Could someone test the following rule in either linux or win32, please?

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> any any (msg: "High SYN Traffic"; flags:S; threshold: type
threshold, track by_src, seconds 60, count 1; classtype:misc-activity; sid: 1000002;
rev:1;)

I'm trying to determine whether the above might indicate be a bug in
linux, win32, or syntax error on my part. If I try the above rule in win32
(v2.2.0rc1 build 28), snort will not start due to an integer error reading
the rule. Inserting  content:" "; offset:0; in the above allows snort to
start.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Off-list comments are
fine if you'd like.

Rich