Snort mailing list archives

Re: AW: ViruSNORT

From: Cilin <cilin5 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

There you go:

http://www.bleedingsnort.com/

Regards,

Vents

--- jeffs () speakeasy net wrote:

Anybody have the URL for bleeding-edge folks?  I
visited once but now cannot find the URL.
Thanks,

Seems to me that they are angry about the fact,
that nobody gives feedback.

I have contact the authors to find out how to get
the rule-set and hope that
they answer soon. I will post it if I get one.

Greetings,

Steffen

I was doing some googling on supplemental snort
rules and found a project I
don't remember being mentioned on the snort-users
or snort-sigs lists called
ViruSNORT, which is dedicated to detecting worms,
trojans, viruses, etc.
Looks interesting, as either a separate app or
perhaps just to add the rules
to a base snort install.

http://www.virusnort.research.kelsisiler.com/

However, the download page seems to down at
present...  :(

Cool.  Thanks.  I would think that there might be
some interest in this.
The "Bleeding-edge" rules now have an off-shoot
called
bleeding-edge-malware, because of the number of
malicious code releases
recently.

noticed the changes on
Linux.com, ITManagersJournal and NewsForge in the
past few weeks? Now,
one more big change to announce. We are now OSTG-
Open Source Technology
Group. Come see the changes on the new OSTG site.
www.ostg.com

=====
Fair-weather friends are no friends at all. If you have done something that some people find distasteful then expect
them to tell you so. A true friend will let you know how they feel but respect your right to choose, while a
fair-weather friend will judge you by your actions and leave.

"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." -Lao Tzu