Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID alternatives

From: "Harper, Patrick" <patrick.harper () phns com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:25:09 -0500

www.aanval.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Schmidt (CACL Tech Asst) [mailto:schmidje () oplin org]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 2:28 PM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: [Snort-users] ACID alternatives

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but, can anyone suggest alternatives to ACID for
analysis of SNORT data? I have a couple problems with ACID. The first
being scalability. In our deployement of SNORT we seem to pick up
10k-20k alerts per week. ACID absolutely *crawls* when working on such a
dataset. Granted, we've got it running on an old low-end box, so I
recognize that is certainly part of the problem, but ACID just doesn't
seem to cut it. Also, it appears that ACID is dead. It never reached 1.0
status, and in fact the last release of ACID was almost 2 years ago.

So, are there any active, open-source projects that are developing
something similar to ACID but that might, perhaps be a better
alternative to ACID?

Jeff Schmidt

Disclaimer:
This electronic message, including any attachments, is confidential and intended solely for use of the intended
recipient(s). This message may contain information that is privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure by
applicable law. Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, use or reproduction is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender immediately.