Snort mailing list archives

e: Ethernet Tap

From: Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:00:52 -0400

TKaroutsos wrote:

What about this?

http://www.netoptics.com/products/product_family_details.asp?cid=1&pid=3&Section=products&menuitem=1

It costs about $1000. US

--

I profile this device and the cheaper two output solution from Net
Optics [0] in my book [1].  I use both in operational deployments.
Although the two output tap is much cheaper, you do need to bond the
two outputs.  I describe how to do so for FreeBSD in my book.

Sincerely,

Richard
http://www.taosecurity.com

[0] http://www.netoptics.com/products/product_family_details.asp?cid=1&pid=4&Section=products&menuitem=1
[1] "The Tao of Network Security Monitoring: Beyond Intrusion
Detection"; http://www.taosecurity.com/books.html