Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort-2.1.3 Portscan

From: "McCash, John" <John.McCash () andrew com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:02:09 -0500

Scott,
        I'm not sure. I based the portscan2 comment on a number of other posts I've seen claiming that it does work,
but I haven't used portscan2 since I upgraded to snort-2.0. I do know for sure that flow-portscan will log into ACID if
you set the pktkludge output option, but it's such a nasty mess formatwise, that I eventually disabled the portscan
messages altogether. I've meant to go back and use portscan2, but never gotten around to actually digging out the
required configuration options and reenabling it. One thing to check, though; Are you using 'log' rather than 'alert'
on your database output plugin configuration line? The portscan2 plugin logs to the 'log' facility rather than to the
'alert' facility.
                John