Snort mailing list archives

RE: problems accessing acid console

From: "Michael Devlin" <Michael.Devlin () gdnnet com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:41:43 -0000

A couple more things to check.

Have you enabled PHP in the web service extensions within IIS6....? See
this link http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/php2003/installer.asp or
google for "php" "web service extension"

If you have and are still getting the error page within IE (assuming you
are using IE) make sure friendly HTTP error messages are turned off.
With this setting enabled, a simple yet useful few line error will
helpfully (?) be replaced by a generic IE error. (the setting is in
tools, internet options, advanced)... It may give you a better idea of
what the error is.

Incidentally, if you are getting a popup asking for authentication when
you use an IP but not when using the FQDN then it is possibly that the
IP address you are using is not in the local intranet zone of IE6 (when
you get the password prompt have a look in the bottom RH corner, do you
see the world icon or the "two computer" icon, if it is the world icon
then this is why)... If IE doesn't know that the IP address is part of
your intranet zone then it won't answer a 401 request from the server to
pass through your credentials automatically (on the assumption that you
have integrated authentication turned on)

Cheers

Michael Devlin