Snort mailing list archives

RE: Daily mail notification don't work anymore

From: Sam Przyswa <samp () arial-concept com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:09:02 +0100

Le sam 25/12/2004 à 23:15, Patrick S. Harper a écrit :
Merry Christmas.

For you to !

What is a 5snort script?  Is this something you had written in house?  I did
a little goggling and found nothing named "5snort"  I think the reason you
did not get an answer the last time you asked is because you did not give
enough information.  Maybe look in at the script and see what it is doing.
What version did you upgrade from.

As I said in my previous message I upgraded to v2.2.0 on Debian testing
(snort-mysql) and the script goes on /etc/cron.daily and replaced the
prévious one, who created the daily mail snort's report. As I look in
this script it take the infos from /var/log/snort/alert but this file is
no longer filled by snort.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light the
damn thing yourself!"