Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNort FlexResp Questions

From: Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:35:23 -0600

Is anyone using the flexresp feature?  If so, how is it working?

I've not used it recently, but it was working in a previous release.
I think I remember someone posting something about rewriting that, and
if memory serves correctly, it was referred to as flexresp2. Not sure
where it stands though.

Is anyone using the flexresp feature as a URL filter.  If so, is
there a way to send a deny web page back to the workstation?

No, flexresp can only send RST and/or ICMP packets either to the
originating IP or to the destination IP. See the doc/README.FLEXRESP
and doc/snort_manual.pdf.