Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problems with BASE... Need some help

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:02:30 -0500

The original ACID code has this in acid_db_common.php:

if ( !( ($version[0] >= 4)
        && ( ( ($version[1] == 0) && ($version[2] >= 4) )
        || ($version[1] > 0)  ) ) )
  {
     return "<FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\">PHP ERROR</FONT>: ".
            "<B>Incompatible version</B>: <FONT>Version
".$current_php_version.
            " of PHP is too old.  Please upgrade to version 4.0.4 or
later</FONT>";
  }

Which you could change to:

  if ( !( ($version[0] >= 5) || ($version[0] >= 4)
        && ( ( ($version[1] == 0) && ($version[2] >= 4) )
  {
     return "<FONT COLOR=\"#FF0000\">PHP ERROR</FONT>: ".
            "<B>Incompatible version</B>: <FONT>Version

                ".$current_php_version.
            " of PHP is too old.  Please upgrade to version 4.0.4 or
later</FONT>";
  }

The original code checks for PHP version 4 with release number greater
than .0.4 but fails if the major version is greater than 4 and the minor
increments (.x.x) are lower than .0.4.