Snort mailing list archives

RE: detect on specific MAC address

From: "Williams Jon" <WilliamsJonathan () JohnDeere com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:53:35 -0500

Internally, snort doesn't have visibility to the MAC address
information; snort only looks at IP and higher in the stack.  You can,
however, run short with a BPF on the command line to get more
flexibility.  So, if you want to limit snort to only the one dst MAC,
you'd do something like:

snort <normal snort arguments> ether dst host <dst mac address>

Jon

  _____