Snort mailing list archives

Snort eating up disk space

From: "Walt Rich" <walt.rich () parago com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:59:13 -0600

Hopefully someone has run into this issue.  We have Snort IDS's that log
to a central log server using Syslog-NG.  We don't need for snort to
write anything to disk on the IDS boxes, and since it writes to
/va/log/snort, it's eating up about 4 GB's of disk every day.   Logging
to Syslog-ng is all we need right now.  Does anyone know how to stop
snort from writing to disk?   I don't mean changing the directory where
it will write, but just stopping it from writing to disk altogether.

Thanks in advance

| Walt Rich | Sr. Network Engineer | Parago, Inc. | 972.538.7253 |
walt.rich () parago com |